June 25, 2007

It's Official - I'm An Acts 29 Applicant

So for those of you who don't know, I'm pursuing God's call to start a church. We're partnering with Acts 29, and for you Bible scholars who are now flipping in your Bibles to see what that is, you'll discover there is no chapter 29. Hence the name for a church planting organization.

I'm in the early stages of the application process, but as I look ahead: WOW! This is going to be quite a journey. And I'm excited, nervous, and distraught all at the same time. I've never been a part of something this big, and quite frankly, I'm convinced I can't do it. Only God will do this through me and the core team that comes to be a part of this work.

The application process is lengthy and detailed and with good reason: having the right man is more important than having the right place. They both go together, but being called to SOMEHWERE is not important if you're not the right person to do the job. And what's great about this is the refining fire that this will be for me. All of me and my family is going to be laid bare for other people to assess to see if this truly is what God is calling us to do. Please pray for us as we go through that process.

So I ask for all the help I can get. And my questions are this:

1) What books / resources would be MOST helpful as we go along this journey?

2) What suggestions / mistakes / best practices would you give me?

As you ponder that, here is an interesting 5 thing checklist that should get the party started!

No comments: