March 28, 2007

Wednesday Morning Thoughts

So after our devotion time this morning, a couple things came to mind that I wanted to share. As I listened to the nice lady from American Cancer Society speak, I couldn't help but think back to my own struggle with the loss of my stepmom to cancer some five years ago.

It was a hard time in our lives and I remember my main goal for her at that time was to "beat it". I wanted her to "win" over cancer and those same thoughts came back today as I listened. But from a Biblical perspective that really shouldn't be our goal at all.

1 Corinthians 10:31: "Whatever you eat, whatever you drink, whatever you do (living, dying, sleeping, walking, running, etc), do ALL unto the glory of God.
The question isn't whether or not we're going to die, we all are going to do that. The real question is when we do die (accident, cancer, heart attack, stroke), will we die to the glory of God and will we see the glory of God in our death. Will we truly resonate with Paul and say that to live is Christ but TO DIE IS GAIN. Do we look forward to the life ahead.

With that in mind, I'm posting links to two articles that I think are really good on this topic

No comments: