January 19, 2008

We Interrupt This Series….

Because blogging is going to be light for the next seven days or so and I don't want to do the resolutions of Jonathan Edwards injustice. I hope you've had a chance to check out days 1 – 11. They were really profitable for me to spend time in. I'm looking forward to the next 10.

I'm headed to Oklahoma City the next couple of days to finish up my prospectus for Eternity. I'm looking forward to a great time away. If you think about it, I would sure appreciate the prayer. This will be a time of articulating the mission, vision, values, and strategy for Eternity moving forward. Please pray that the video work will capture the heart of what God has impressed upon me.

After that, I'll be in Jefferson City for a meeting that I pray will be both encouraging and fruitful for Eternity as well. More details to come on that should they develop.

This week was a good week. I finished up my phone interview with Acts29 and am now set and ready to attend boot camp in Seattle at the end of February. I'm so jacked up.

I'm looking forward to some preaching assignments in the next six weeks or so. Things are really starting to pick up schedule wise. I pray I can be disciplined in my time management.

One thing I'll be pondering over the coming days, and a significant post I'll be writing in the upcoming week will attempt to address the following issue:

How do you define the point at which para-church organizations (Promise Keepers, Awana, FCA, Young Life, Missions Organizations, Conventions, etc) cross from being a helpful resource provider for the local church into an un-Biblical entity usurping the mission of the local church?

You might find this article stimulating as you ponder that question. DISCLAIMER: I do not subscribe to nor endorse the beliefs and views of Eden2Zion although I think there are some intriguing takes on issues today in Christianity…I simply found the post a thought-provoking read that caused me to think about my own experiences and the situations in many local churches.

I'll be back in a few days. I pray that they are productive and fruitful ones.

No comments: