November 25, 2007

It’s Sunday Night – And Here Are My Thoughts

What a last four days it has been.

  • We spent Thanksgiving day in St. Louis with family. Touch football in 25 degree weather was fantastic. Just don't do it with open-toed sandals for two hours.
  • I might spend hours looking at this. It may not come around again for a long time but I'm certainly going to enjoy the next six days while it lasts.
  • Saturday was an awesome time with Jenni's family. Two things we always do when we get together on that side of the family – EAT and PLAY CARDS. If time allows, a nap is always mandatory.
  • I'm exhausted after all that has gone on over the last 96 hours. Fortunately, it was cold, rainy, and overcast this afternoon so I was able to sneak in a three hour nap. Can't beat those.
  • I preached this morning at LifePoint on Luke 12: 1-9. Hypocrisy is never a fun subject to talk about, but God was good this morning.
  • "It Is Well With My Soul" is one of my favorite hymns ever. Dennis and the peeps did a great job with it this morning. It helped me in ways they'll never know.
  • We had 270 in attendance at LifePoint even though it was the Sunday after Thanksgiving. That's a great thing. God is doing some amazing things at our church right now.
  • I will have to blog more about this later on in the week.
  • The Rams still stink.
  • Can anyone stop Devin Hester?
  • Putting up a Christmas tree is one of my favorite / least favorite things to do.
  • I can't wait to DVR "The Amazing Race" and watch it with my family."

I can't wait to see what God has in store for the next seven days. I needed the last four more than I realize. I truly am thankful for all that God has given me. And after 96 whirlwind hours, I can truly say it was a great holiday weekend.

No comments: