November 29, 2007

I Want You To Picture This

As you read this story, I want you to actually stop long enough to try and put yourself watching this happen.

And I know that the details probably aren't exactly accurate. But it's horrific enough.

What haunts me is actually pondering hearing a little girl beg for daddy to stop.

And then what humbles me, what staggers me, what just overwhelms my soul and causes me to yield to the will of God…

God allowed this to happen to this little girl, and He didn't stop it.

And I can't tell you why that is. And I can't begin to challenge his judgments. But Solomon said in Ecclesiastes that the biggest problem in life is not life without God, but rather life with God. Life with a God who is sovereign and who will act as He pleases.

When I read stories like this, as God has grown me and shaped me, I fall at His feet and simply say God, I hope you held her tightly as she was being hit repeatedly with leather belts and as her little head went under water, I hope she saw Your face appearing brighter and brighter.

And I also say, God, I am just as evil as those that abused her, and because of Your grace in my life, I am who I am today.

It is too much for the soul to ponder.

No comments: