November 13, 2007

Dad – Do I Have Hair Under My Armpit?

You know, my boys are unbelievable. Apart from God the Father – Son – And Holy Spirit, and my wife, they are the most precious treasures in the world.

  • There are days where I wonder if they'll make it to 10
  • There are days where I wonder if they wouldn't have been better off having a different dad.
  • There are days where they teach me more about myself than I could have ever dreamt possible.
  • There are days where I want them to quit growing up so I can enjoy these years a little while longer.
  • There are days where questions like the title just crack me up.
  • There are days where sadness overwhelms me because I'll never be the dad they deserve. I'm just being the best dad I can be.
  • There are days where I am so excited about all that God will have for them.
  • There are days where I am fearful for the world that they have to grow up in.
  • There are days where I am paralyzed by all the responsibility I feel to raise them up to be Godly men, husbands, and fathers themselves.
  • There are days where my heart bursts with joy when they wrap their little arms around my neck.
  • There are days where I cry like a baby because to them I have the most special title in the world: "Dad"
  • There are days where I feel like an utter failure.
  • There are days where I feel like I did it right.

But every day, I thank God that he gave them to me. I always wanted to be a dad. And I always wanted to have boys of my own. God has been truly gracious to me. So take time to smile when a three year old looks at you with big blue eyes and great big smile and asks you if he has hair under his armpit!

No comments: