October 11, 2006

Why 12 Hour Days Are Bad For The Soul

Seriously....

It always seems that the busier I get, the more my soul and my walk begin to deteriorate. For some interesting information on the effects of being consumed with work, go check this out.

Although I have to admit that the last few days haven't been so much "overwork" as they have just been a lot of things going on. By the time I get around to posting, I simply have no energy to do so. For me, writing and reading have always helped me stay close to Christ. Meditation and journaling are key elements to a healthy walk with Jesus for me.

Do you ever live with the feeling that you let Jesus down so many times. And do you ever wonder why He takes you back. I do, and I'm amazed sometimes that he does. Every time I blow it, every time I walk away from Him, I eventually become more amazed with the grace that always heals me. The grace that always takes me back. The grace that always lifts me up. Jesus is much more patient with me than I would be with myself. I just don't want to let Him down as much as I do. I want my Jesus to be proud of me.

And then there was this from Spurgeon this morning. A well timed word on how to stay humble!

Prayer girds human weakness with divine strength, turns human folly into heavenly wisdom, and gives to troubled mortals the peace of God. We know not what prayer cannot do! We thank thee, great God, for the mercy-seat, a choice proof of thy marvellous lovingkindness. Help us to use it aright throughout this day!

No comments: