November 06, 2006

A Hand To Guide Me

It's the title of a book I'm reading right now (I'm reading about 6 at the same time). I've read Denzel's introduction and man what a story. I'm really looking forward to reading the rest of the book but for now here's a snippet:

"But if there's one lesson to be learned from the voices you're about to hear, it is that it's not only on us. It's on the folks around us as well. And mostly, it's on our ability to keep open to their example. That's the underlying message in these pages, that you can draw a line from every great success back to the some rock-solid foundation. A parent. A teacher. A coach. A role model. It all starts somewhere. And for me, that somewhere is with God. I'm not here to tell you what to believe, but I'll tell you what I believe, and this is what works for me. It's why I'm setting these thoughts on paper right now. It's why I'm here--by the Grace of God"


Sounds a little like the Jonah Syndrome Huh?

No comments: