February 08, 2008

A Huge Confession

My conscience won't allow me to go on this morning without confessing right here on The Jonah Syndrome one of my biggest, deepest, and darkest secrets that I'm carrying around right now.

I've deliberated whether I should reveal this or not, wondering if the disclosure might be inappropriate, but I have to get it off my chest. I can't carry it around any more. Please forgive me if what I'm about to say causes you to look at me in a different light. I never meant to hurt anyone.

Last night, in my house, in front of my television --- I watched the first episode of Lipstick Jungle - a new show on NBC.

I didn't want to do it. I tried to look away. I even walked into the kitchen during commercials trying to convince myself not to go back and watch it. But I gave into the temptation. I watched a chick sitcom. And what's worse - I watched the whole hour.

What is happening to me? I'm already a Celine Dion fan. I read Penelope Trunk on a weekly basis. And now I'm watching a sitcom about three female executives in New York and their struggles to be both a wife, an employee, and themselves. Their struggle was so real.

Where can I turn for help? What should I do? Is there any sort of counseling out there that I can get? Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I think I'm still a man. But after last night I'm not quite sure.

Anywho, sorry for crying on your shoulder. I have to go - my cappuccino is getting cold. Pray for me today - I have a hair appointment and then a valentine's dinner tonight. I hear the decorations are going to be "to die for".

1 comment:

Sarah Jo Austin said...

Hmm...after listening to you sing with Whitney Houston tonight I'm pretty sure you're a lost cause. But in case there's hope, American Gladiators is on Monday nights at 7.